THE REVIVAL

« Older   Newer »
gabryland
view post Posted on 16/11/2015, 18:53

Jake Silbermann (da FB)
It's great to see so much support for this project (The Revival!!!!) on this cold rainy day. We have th major goal ($18k) to raise BUT we do have a deadline with which we are trying to raise at least $4K, which NOVEMBER 20th, in 10 days! I have little doubt that together we can do this. We are already over $600. Remember, the Indiegogo www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-revival/x/3232693#/(I know in the video I said kickstarter) rewards are still available. When you deposit into the paypal account (using the email [email protected]) we see who it's from and how much, which will go towards our special rewards. Check out this message on vimeo (https://vimeo.com/145075564) with the password "friendofrevival"
We are so close!

Si puς ancora donare tramite paypal.

gabryland
view post Posted on 5/12/2015, 18:46

Da fB
Jake Silbermann
Today is the day! Principle photography has begun on THE REVIVAL!!!! So exciting. 15 days until we are picture locked! Wouldn't be able to do it without all the help from everyone here.
We still have much to do and if you haven't been able to contribute there is still time. PLENTY of time!

gabryland
view post Posted on 6/12/2015, 18:42

FB
Jake Silbermann
Happy Weekend everyone! No rest for us Revival-ers. We are on the second day of shooting and I wanted to announce officially that we have cast Zachary Booth in the role of 'Daniel'. You might be be familiar with his work on films such as "Last Weekend", "Never" and "Keep the Lights On" to name a few. He's going to be excellent.

FB
The Revival - The Movie
Shooting on location December 5th to December 20th, 2015!!! Thank you for your support!!!

gabryland
view post Posted on 7/12/2015, 19:18

FB
Jake Silbermann
Hey Revival-ers, I hope you're having a lovely Sunday. I wanted to address questions regarding my involvement in the film "The Revival". I am proudly taking a behind the camera-only role as a producer of this film. Several years ago I had wanted to play a part in it, but we were not able to reach our initial fundraising goals and so concessions had to be made as the project progressed. Unless you are a name in this business it is difficult to justify casting oneself in a role when someone else may bring more prestige to the film. As a producer you need to stand back and ask some difficult questions sometimes. I always like to cite Michael Douglas' choice to cast Jack Nicholson in the role of Patrick Murphy in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". Douglas surely wanted the role for himself but knew his film would have greater commercial success starring Nicholson. (Note: I am not comparing myself to either of these gentleman). I love this film. I loved the story from the first moment I saw it onstage and I want it told right. I thank you for your concern regarding my lack of screen presence, in fact I am touched. Don't be disappointed that I will not be appearing in this film, but be proud of the story we are telling together.

rodolfo7779
view post Posted on 7/7/2017, 22:56

meh!!! jake was kicked out of that project, not even as a producer, and the camisade no longer is involved on that film, soooo... but at least the film was made, and brett has thanked many people on his facebook page, many except...

gabryland
view post Posted on 11/7/2017, 18:23

CITAZIONE (rodolfo7779 @ 7/7/2017, 23:56) 
meh!!! jake was kicked out of that project, not even as a producer, and the camisade no longer is involved on that film, soooo... but at least the film was made, and brett has thanked many people on his facebook page, many except...

Jake announced he was BEHIND the camera and asked his fans to not take it as a bad thing. Many got furious cause they donated to the project for Jake in the first place, but Jake said he couldn't work good anymore for his former role. So they had to change. It's not that he was kicked out. They were and are all still friends, but maybe a more clear info would have been a good thing for all the fans, especially from Jake himself that asked for MORE money anyway at that time, thanking every fan who already donated to the project.
Beside this, whatever is bts is their business and it's clear nobody wanted to make it public (?)

rodolfo77710
view post Posted on 12/7/2017, 09:21

QUOTE (gabryland @ 11/7/2017, 19:23) 
QUOTE (rodolfo7779 @ 7/7/2017, 23:56) 

Jake announced he was BEHIND the camera and asked his fans to not take it as a bad thing. Many got furious cause they donated to the project for Jake in the first place, but Jake said he couldn't work good anymore for his former role. So they had to change. It's not that he was kicked out. They were and are all still friends, but maybe a more clear info would have been a good thing for all the fans, especially from Jake himself that asked for MORE money anyway at that time, thanking every fan who already donated to the project.
Beside this, whatever is bts is their business and it's clear nobody wanted to make it public (?)

i read his statement on FB at that time, but he was not even on the set during the shooting, and the camisade is no longer involved in the production. I know they are still friends, but i think it was too much of an effort 4 so little retribution, i guess at least he will received a "special thanks" at the end of the credits.
When i read the news on december of 2015 i didn΄t expected this outcomming.

gabryland
view post Posted on 12/7/2017, 15:43

CITAZIONE (rodolfo77710 @ 12/7/2017, 10:21) 
i read his statement on FB at that time, but he was not even on the set during the shooting, and the camisade is no longer involved in the production. I know they are still friends, but i think it was too much of an effort 4 so little retribution, i guess at least he will received a "special thanks" at the end of the credits.
When i read the news on december of 2015 i didn΄t expected this outcomming.

Yeah I know, and honestly I feel the same. His excitement was still too much IMO whe he asked for more money.
Then, a long time passed as well before shooting, and many fans got the idea of not seeing him at all. Anywhere.
So, I know what you mean. But being kicked out is another thing. I just think they knew all along but didn't want to upset the fans or deny their help with the funds.
I repeat, a more clear info would have been much more appreciated by everyone cause prety much everyone donated for him. When I read his status I was happy anyway cause it was pretty clear he was still involved in a way. Later things changed, yes, and after all this time I think many lost interest to the whole situation, and are just happy for Samuel for being able to finish everything!

26 replies since 19/2/2013, 18:42   156 views